Quick Facts About CNC:
The Certified Nonprofit Consultant Credential (CNC) is issued by the National Development Institute.
Consultants who achieve the CNC Credential...
- Provide professional guidance and counsel to nonprofits in ONE or MORE of the following areas of service:
- Have their personal certification recorded at the offices of the National Development Institute
- Receive an official CNC Credentialing Certificate for public display demonstrating their achievement.
- Receive the credential Certified Nonprofit Consultant (CNC) and are authorized to use CNC in their title.
- Are provided the CNC brand for use on business cards, letterhead, websites, etc.
- Spend $350 for initial three year certification and $150 for each additional three year re-certification.
- Experience the satisfaction and challenge of a meaningful adult continuing educational process.
How It Works... Six Easy Steps:
- Download & Thoroughly Review CNC Application Overview - CLICK HERE
- Pay Your Application Fee Online or by Check via U.S. Mail - CLICK HERE
- Call NDI at (800)257-6670 to be Assigned a Mentor
- Complete Your Online Candidate's Application
- Take Your Multiple Choice At-Home CNC exam
- Within 45 Days you'll notified by the CNC Credentialing Board
Benefits of Credentialing:
- Gain recognition and confirmation of your knowledge, skills and abilities by fulfilling the requirements and criteria of an independent credentialing organization
- Elevate your profile and credibility as a professional in the Nonprofit Sector by documenting your education, training and experience
- Validate for yourself and others that you have a proven track record in the nonprofit field and that you are uniquely qualified to be an internal or external consultant
- Demonstrate your unique knowledge, skills and abilities in the nonprofit sector by showing your commitment to continuous growth and professional development
- Verify to your employer or clients that you understand the importance of staying current and maintaining your professional relevance in the dynamic nonprofit sector
- Increase your competitive advantage in the field of consulting by ensuring your clients that you have met the highest standards obtainable in the nonprofit sector
- Promote the value and importance of ongoing professional development with your peers by making an extra effort to increase your scope and capacity to serve the nonprofit sector
- Achieve the personal gratification that results from obtaining an additional credential specific to the nonprofit sector that goes beyond acquiring a college degree or attending continuing educational sessions